Body Wisdom Retreat @ The Treman Center, Newfield, NY
January 21-22 Saturday & Sunday 9:30am-6pm
Body Wisdom is the primordial knowledge that arises from your unique physical and energetic being. When body wisdom is explored in the context of non-judgmental compassionate self observation it creates the safety to experience subtle and profound insight, to release shame and limiting beliefs, and the opportunity to embrace freedom and bliss.
Join Kripalu Yoga Instructors Ilana Berman and Nicole Stumpf for a 2-day exploration of Body Wisdom through Yoga, Conscious Communication, and Meditation. Discover how to “listen” to the wisdom of your body and to allow the guidance you receive to inspire the way you engage with yourself and others.
Enjoy a weekend of holistic relaxation and communication as you learn to:
· Non-judgmentally witness your thoughts, feelings and emotions
· Create space for the body to heal by letting go of stress
· Notice and release limiting postural and emotional habits
· Cultivate clear, compassionate, honest, and non-violent communication skills
· Experience steadiness of mind through heart-centered listening
· Embrace freedom
The weekend will include:
· Daily, gentle yoga classes which emphasize mindful movement, self-observation, and deep relaxation
· Experiences in conscious communication
· Practices for developing compassionate, non-judgemental self-observation skills
· Explorations in heart-oriented awarenes
· Introductions to yogic perspectives on the “self” including:
- The 3-stage approach of Kripalu Yoga
- The Koshas
- Awareness of the Gunas
To support your practice in connecting to body wisdom two nourishing meals, snacks, and herbal teas will be provided.
The Treman Center takes a authentic rustic setting and turns it into a sanctuary of beauty and peace. We will be surrounded by the woods of Treman State Forest and kept inspired and cozy by the beautiful stone work and artful interior... not to mention the heated floors and fire places!
Early Bird Registration (by 12/31/16): $250
Registration After 12/31/16: $275
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up